The promotion of smart and sustainable energy solutions in Germany for many years has resulted in the establishment of an industry which offers some of the world’s leading technologies.
This industry encompasses several thousand small and medium-sized enterprises specialised in the development, design and production of renewable energy systems, energy efficiency solutions, smart grids and storage technologies. Also new energy technologies like Power-to-Gas and fuel cells are the basis for cutting-edge energy solutions.
Benefits of using smart and sustainable energy solutions
- Contribution to innovation, growth and employment
- Independence from fossil fuel imports
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and contribution to climate change mitigation
The transfer of energy expertise, the promotion of foreign trade and the facilitation of international development cooperation are part of the German Energy Solutions Initiative.
- networking and business opportunities both in your country and in Germany
- showcasing of reference projects
- capacity building
The initiative creates benefits for Germany and the participating countries by:
- boosting global interest in sustainable energy solutions
- encouraging the use of renewables, energy efficiency technologies, smart grids and storage technologies
- improving economic, technical and political cooperation between Germany and partner countries
- generating jobs in Germany and abroad
Coordinated and financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWi), the initiative is implemented in coordination with German industry associations as members of the and in cooperation with such as the German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (the AHKs), the German Energy Agency (dena), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and further international project partners und service providers. The coordination office is the central agency for all questions relating to the German Energy Solutions Initiative. For more information, please .